Since time immemorial humankind has passed on history, life lessons and entertainment through the art of storytelling. Storytelling is an art that engages creativity, originality, writing and performance skills to entertain, to teach, and to heal. Through the telling of stories, we can open up space for dialogue, understanding and tolerance. Through the telling of stories we are able to scrutinise our pasts, and presents and prepare for better futures. Through the telling of stories we are able to source for the real Kenyan experience and preserve it for posterity in written pages.
The objectives can be simply outlined as follow:
- To encourage creative thinking.
- To promote active understanding and tolerance between communities.
- To allow space for exploration in artistic development.
- To spread the message that reading is an important vehicle for economic development.
- To create room for networking opportunities between Storymoja, stakeholders in the education system and the corporate world.