What is the Storymoja Spelling Bee?
The Storymoja Spelling Bee is an oral competition where children from various schools are grouped in different age groups to compete in spelling words. The team with the highest points is declared winner. This year about 500 children from 30 public and private schools have been participating in the Spelling Bee.
The objective of the competition is to:
- Encourage children to read and improve their reading skills.
- Improve the quality of their language and composition skills.
- Create productive composition among the children as well as bring them together.
- Give the children good exposure to interactive and team skills.
- Learn new words and build self esteem.
The competition is conducted in 5 rounds at every session.
- Round 1: Team Spelling.
- Round 2: Individual Spelling.
- Round 3: Collective Team Spelling.
- Round 4: Right or Wrong.
- Round 5: The Ultimate Challenge. (If some of the teams tie in points)