* are a young person between the ages of 14 and 18;
* have thoughts and ideas on how to change agriculture to produce better food and lead to better health; and
* are enthusiastic and creative…
…then you are invited to participate in IFPRI’s youth writing contest. Use your writing skills to produce an essay, short story, poem, open letter to a national leader, short play, or other text on the following question:
How can we use agriculture to produce more food, generate food of better quality, and improve people’s nutrition and health?
For inspiration, check out the Background Note and Fact sheet.
A booklet containing the winning contributions will be posted on IFPRI’s website and featured at an international conference on the theme to take place in New Delhi, India, February 10–12, 2011.
First Prize: US$500, plus 25 copies of a booklet in which your essay will be published along with other high-quality contributions
Runner-up Prizes: US$250, plus 10 copies of the booklet with your essay
Entries must be submitted no later than December 13, 2010.
What are the contest rules?
* Entries will be accepted in English only.
* Writing may be presented as an essay, short story, poem, or other form but should not exceed 2,000 words.
* Entries must be submitted online.
* Entries will be judged by an international panel. The winner and runners-up will be contacted directly.
How do I enter?
You can enter online at: http://2020conference.ifpri.info/entry-form/