Clifford Oluoch sets the bar pretty high for all of us. Which is why you voted his story DESTINY as the Story of the Week. Thank you Clifford for shining the light on excellence!
Clifford Oluoch, a career teacher and a jack of all creative trades, believes in well written and well told stories. Everyday events such as a wobbly handshake, a toothless smile or any ‘normal’ human behaviour inspire him. His other works include playscripts, children’s novels and Maths text books.
You have a chance to be the next week’s author of the Contemporary Nairobi Story of the Week.
Every author who wins the Story of the Week, will have the opportunity to have their work in expedited review at the Storymoja Editorial Review Table. To win that spot, please send in a story that fits into the categories below.
– Contemporary Nairobi setting
– Has two or more young professionals as main characters
– Can be either Crime/Detective Fiction, Romance or Life Crisis Fiction
– Must be complete enough to stand as a story by itself
– Has a running mystery; story must be short but the mystery should make it possible to develop the story into a novella (10000 words)
– Should not be more than 2000 words
In addition to the expedited review, the winning author will have a Writer Profile on our site, as well as stand a chance to win KES 500 and one of the Storymoja titles.