Position: Film Producer
CWS-FilmAid International (FilmAid) invites applications from qualified Kenyans to fill the above position. The position will involve extensive work in Kibera, Naivasha, Eldoret and Kisumu.
FilmAid International is a non-governmental organization that uses film to promote health, strengthen communities and enrich the lives of the world’s vulnerable and uprooted. FilmAid is currently implementing programmes in Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps in Kenya.
1. Produce together with the youth a 30-60 minute film on issues relating to youth participation on mitigating inter-ethnic violence, understanding critical issues pertaining to leadership, civic affairs and reform and highlighting shared concerns among youth from different ethnic and geographical background.
2. Promote dialogue on inter-ethnic violence, critical issues pertaining to leadership, civic affairs and reform, shared concerns among youth from different ethnic and geographical background.
1. Will be required to conceptualize the stories and work together with the program manager, program coordinator, relevant project staff to determine the viability of the stories while taking into account the target audiences.
2. Work with the project manager to coordinate the scripting of the film segments form the different locations by liaising with the youth leaders the program coordinator and the relevant staff and ensuring participatory approach in the development of the film.
3. Working together with the program manager to develop a work schedule and a working budget for the production process and keeping track of production in line with the laid down budget.
4. Ensure a community based approach and a participatory methodology in all activities and a timely completion of deliverables.
5. Work together with the program manager, the relevant FilmAid program staff to select actors, interviewees, and locations, and organize for the recording of content for the film.
6. Supervise a team of screening crew and ensure positive team atmosphere and team-building relationships, and provide appropriate support to them.
7. Organize for a feedback session on the rough cuts with the youth representatives in the different locations to ensure involvement of the target group in the process.
8. Together with the program manager, ensure that the final video products are to the satisfactory standards and are approved by youth leaders, program coordinator and country manager.
9. Organize for the review of the same content by the program manager, coordinator and country manger and the youth leaders to ensure proper feedback from the target audiences.
10. Work closely with the program manager in providing regular updates of the production through quantitative and qualitative reports.
11. Supervision of usage and protocol of all project equipment and supplies. Ensure all FilmAid facilities in the field are well maintained and equipped
12. Create and maintain an environment that is free from sexual exploitation and abuse to beneficiaries of the program and report any suspected violations of the Code of Conduct as per the FAI reporting procedures.
The producer will be engaged for three (3) months.
Required knowledge skills and abilities
1. In depth Knowledge of Research work, Civic education and current political agendas in focus among the Kenyan youth.
2. Sufficient knowledge of Conflict resolution techniques in relation to peace and reconciliation with a bias to youth empowerment
3. Working knowledge of planning, budgeting, supervision of production process.
4. Must have executed minimum of 3 projects of similar nature to promote social development and empowerment.
5. Over 5 years of experiences in film making. Experience of success story/stories would be an added advantage.
6. Knowledge on scripting will be an added advantage Please email applications with ONLY COVER LETTER, CV AND 3 REFERENCES ASAP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be submitted through email only by latest 19th March 2010