Submission Guidelines For Short Stories.
• Word count: 3000 – 8000 words.
• There is no theme, only ‘Kenya’.
• This is adult fiction (in the sense that it is not ‘children’s fiction’).
• The work must be written in English from the outset, no translation work and it must be written from Kenya (this is not a collection of diaspora writing).
• The story must be ‘new’ in the sense that it is ‘unpublished in book form’ – this makes life much easier in terms of ‘rights’. (We can accept submissions which have been previously published in magazines.)
• Please send submissions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attached as a WORD doc. or by post to the CCC Press address (see website) as a typescript (no handwritten scripts please).
Please follow these guidelines:
Name of author (Times New Roman 12 Bold left justified)
Contact address, telephone number and email (Times New Roman 12 Bold left justified)
*Title of short story (Times New Roman 14, bold, centered)
The story should be in Times New Roman, black, size 12, justified, 1.5 line spacing.
Page numbers and name of author on every page please.
Word count at the end of the story, bold and left justified.
If your story is chosen for the publication, we will ask you to provide a few sentences about yourself and your work (around 200 words).